Tuesday, May 09, 2006

CQ For Newbies

It's been a while since my last post on my group, CQ For Newbies. This is a Yahoo group for people who love crazy quilting and who want to DO crazy quilting as opposed to just talking about it (ha!).

I created this group, along with my friend, JK, as a safe place to newbies to learn how to swap, do Round Robins and block exchanges without the fear of criticism. We all have to start somewhere and I decided there was a need for a group like this. JK worked up some fabulous lessons on how to piece a CQ block, with both pictures and words.

We're currently having our first contest block -- with prizes!!! -- for the 3 winners. We plan on doing at least 1 swap block a month, maybe more. I'm very pleased that the group has grown to almost 70 members in just a little over a month.

The group is not just limited to newbies however. We have a lot of experienced crazy quilters -- ones who are willing to help the newbies and members who are extremely generous in sharing their stash, their skill and talents and helping others.

If you'd like to join, or know someone who would like to join us, go to the Yahoo groups, search for CQForNewbies (no spaces), tell me where you heard about the group, and I'll approve you.

Hope to see some of you soon!

1 comment:

EvaP said...

Well I going to join that group, nice idea to start a group for us newbie. :-)