Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring Cleaning


To me, spring cleaning is out with the old and in with the new. The new is my brand new, out of the box, Janome 6600 Professional sewing machine. I LOVE this machine. Soooo many decorative stitches that will come in handy for the commissioned crazy quilt I'm getting ready to start. It even has a built in alphabet with two different fonts. This will be so much fun. I do my own embellishing by hand, but for a big project like this, the embellishing will be by machine. After all, I do have an August, 2006 deadline. If I did it by hand it would take me until August of 2012 (at least).

I realized this blog has probably been a little boring with no pictures, so here's something I made entitled "Spring Fever." I recently listed it on ebay, but no takers. My other two wooden collaged butterflies sold, but not this one.

P.S. The oriental wallhanging a few posts back did sell on ebay when I relisted it. I actually had 3 bidders -- wahooo!! I hope the winning bidder enjoys it.

1 comment:

Iris said...

So how is the new sewing machine? What have you been making with it?

Just a little curious...was hoping you would show what it can do.

Happy Stitching!