Monday, April 17, 2006

New Machine!!

I currently own a Janome New Home 3000. Great machine -- no problems whatsoever in the 3 years I've owned it. However, now that I'm really into doing crazy quilting (for hire), I could use a few more decorative stitches. So I'm going Wednesday to look at an upgrade. I'm thinking about the 6500 or the 6600 Janome New Home.

If anyone has any suggestions, comments or (gulp) horror stories of these machines, let 'er rip!!

I am taking the beautiful Sulky thread I bought tons of, a metallic flat ribbon type of thread (to me it looks like tinsel) to see if one of the machines can sew with it. I've never been able to use this thread (since I bought so much of it, naturally I wouldn't be able to use it!). The machine that can tame this thread will be the one that comes home with me.

No comments: