Friday, March 31, 2006

First Commission!

I got my first "commission" job and it's a big one (both size-wise and money-wise)! I'm doing a memorial quilt for a sweet little doggie, Justice, a tiny little Yorkie. Justice passed away early this year and her owner is ready to remember her.

This is going to be a LARGE quilt, 60x75. It will have photo transfers of Justice, her little neckerchiefs, tags, etc.. It will also have transfers of her Certificate of Obedience school (although how much obedience does a tiny 2 1/2 pound doggie need??)

I've made up a plan of 15 inch blocks and am planning on doing them crazy quilt style. This quilt will be for a man so it will be more on the masculine side. I'm thinking machine stitches along the seams but not the feather stitch or anything fancy or fru-fru -- more the bigger, denser, decorative stitches.

The quilt will be tied. Color scheme so far is deep forest green, burgundy, black, cream, navy blue. I will post my progress as I go.

So far, I've just drawn up a colored sketch. Haven't shown it to the "client" yet, but as soon as I have the go ahead -- off I'll go!!

1 comment:

Trixie Lou said...

That's very cool, girlie! I can't wait to see it. What a very cute idea and I love, love, love the colors you've chosen so far.