Thursday, March 23, 2006

CQForNewbies

Okay, it's official. The group CQ For Newbies is open and running at Yahoo. This will be a "safe" group where anyone and everyone can play and learn. My friend, JK, has uploaded GREAT lessons on how to piece a CQ and also some seam embellishments.

You don't have to be newbie to join and play -- everyone is welcome. The only criteria is no criticism, as everyone learns together. I've been on some lists where the comments get downright nasty -- she used a plastic charm and I used metal -- I used 4 pieces of lace but she only used three. That stuff won't be tolerated.

If you've always wanted to swap, but didn't know exactly what to do or if you think your work isn't good enough (and it IS good enough!), then this is the place to get your feet wet and have some fun AND you get cool things back.

So if this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, come join JK and I and we'll get our first swap up and running!

Go to Yahoo groups, type in CQForNewbies, sign up, and that's all there is to it. JK and/or I will have to approve you, all that means is we're trying to keep the spammers out.

I hope to see lots of you soon!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't find an email addy for you so had to reply here. My angel quilt is called Antique Angels. It was a block of the month, also called Everyday Angels and Angels done Rosey, depending on what fabrics the shops chose. Try www.honeysucklecottage.com.au or www.quilters-barn.com The design is by The Chookshed although I believe their name has now changed to Kookaburra Cottage. I don't know if you can just buy the pattern alone but the shops I mentioned will be able to tell you.

Jo in NZ said...

Hi Maddie, I'll give your group a plug on my blog. I'm sure my dedicated readers ( all 7 of them LOL) will be interested.


ps You may want to turn on 'word verification' on your comments so you don't get spam.

piney cq said...

Good for you Maddie!!! Welcome to the worold of blogging and group ownership!! :_)) I'm sorry you have had similar experiences with the "critics" of cq!! ughhhh.... and i'm glad you didn't let it deter your enthusiasm for the art! Great work!